Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas da yo!



First of all, I'd like to apologize about the troubles I had in making the last post which was a book review of "Japanese Buddhism." Premature postings I made by mistake made for a hardly intelligible read, but it's all fixed and final now. If you read through it all in the past day, then you probably don't need to go through it again, the quotes I cited from the book are what I wanted people to see anyway.


Perhaps the confusion was a sign of a well-needed break from the investigation of Japanese religion. These book reviews have been some of the most difficult posts I've written, and has thoroughly jumbled my brain as to what religion is, does, and manifests. I'm moving on "Miyamoto Musashi: His Life and Writings" by Kenji Tokitsu, and it looks like it's going to be a great experience reading the book. I've only just finished the introduction, and could have written 20 blog entries on it's content! I'm also reading the Penguin Classics' "Buddhist Scriptures, but maybe I'll just put up interesting little blurbs instead of trying to analyze it all on the blog.




Again, apologies for the messy posting ... and oh yeah ... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment