Sunday, January 10, 2010

Friedrich Nietzsche as a Taoist


After reading, "Thus Spoke Zarathustra," I noticed many parallels between Friedrich Nietzcshe's writings and those of many Taoists. Many years ago I read, "Human, All Too Human," which is surely also an amazing text, however I read it before my introduction to Taoist thought and could not possibly recognize the parallels, but I think this work is even more evident of the similarities. There are also many differences between Nietzche's writings and what one would normally read from the Taoist point of view, but honestly and literally, one could write an essay on the parallels between Nietzche and Taoism on every single section (of which there are hundreds) in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra." In my blog, I will attempt to do so on particular ones I found most poignant.

No comments:

Post a Comment